Virginia Sawyer, LPC
Who am I?
I firmly believe that every individual perceives the world around them differently. I believe in creating a calm and understanding space where individuals can process events happening in their lives, as well as gain skills to help them be the person they want to be. As a person centered therapist, I believe each individual, couple, and family are unique and tailor their treatment to meet their needs.
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in Virginia and also hold a Residency in Marriage and Family Therapy. I received my Master of Education in Couples, Marriage and Family Counseling from the College of William and Mary. I have a background in with a wide array of clinical issues and concerns including anxiety, depression, trauma, ADHD, adverse childhood events, self-esteem, interpersonal conflict, school-based issues, and many more. I am also LGBTQI+ affirming.
I love working with:
- Adolescents struggling with school and peer based stressors
- Individuals with past, current, or ongoing trauma
- Children and adults struggling to adapt to life transitions or changes
- Individuals exploring their own personal identity
- Families dealing with a wide range of struggles, including communication and parenting
- Couples facing challenges in their relationship or looking to strengthen their bond