Lauren Tomasino, LMFT
Who am I?
My name is Lauren Tomasino and I’m a Marriage and Family Therapist. I’m also a mother, military spouse, dog mom, and I love to bake and do yoga.
I was born and raised in Rockville, MD and attended the University of Maryland, College Park where I received a Bachelor of Science degree in Family Science. I immediately pursued a Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy at East Carolina University and began my clinical work in 2012 providing intensive in-home therapy to adolescents and their families in Raleigh, NC. Then I spent two years working with military members and their families at Fort Hood, TX. When I came to Virginia in 2017 I worked at Peninsula Pastoral Counseling Center providing spiritually integrated care, and joined Abundant Life Partners in 2019.
I have a passion for improving relationships because I believe our connection with others is what gives our lives meaning, and that includes establishing a positive relationship with oneself.
I love working with:
- Young adults navigating launching into adulthood and all that comes with that – especially the changes to the relationships with family and friends.
- New parents struggling to balance all the demands of life while also coming to terms with their own childhood experiences.
- Couples that are motivated and committed to improving their relationship.
Some of my favorite approaches include:
- Systemic Family Therapy – I view a person as part of a larger system and my approach focuses on how their relationships, choices, patterns, and environments are all connected to the issues they are facing today.
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy – an evidenced based approach to couples therapy created by Drs. John & Julie Gottman based on their 40+ years of research on couples.
- I utilize the research of Brene Brown to address the connection between our sense of worthiness of love and belonging and our ability to have healthy relationships.